Friday 12 August 2011

"Now I listen to farmers programs on radio..." Musana Samuel - Youth Farmer

Mr. Musana Samuel. Busoro Subcounty, Kabarole District

Poultry keeper and farmer


I appreciate ToroDev for all the trainings they provided to me on Rural FM Radio Broadcasting for Entreprenuership Development, out of the training and workshops I attended, I was able to learn a lot especially on how to market my products on different radio stations.

Before the workshops of ToroDev on Rural FM Broadcasting for Entrepreneurship Development, I didn’t know that radio stations can help to market farmers produce, but now I know how to market my produces using radio stations and I can easily approach the radio staff for any help.

Now I listen to farmers programs on Radio stations across Rwenzori Region, this has helped me to get different ideas, knowledge and share issues with fellow farmers. I have to say that I used not to do it before the training workshops of ToroDev.

Musana Smauel in his Poultry Farm

Weaknesses

I still have a problem with Rural FM radio stations because they still do not fully sensitize farmers on where to sale their produce.

Rural FM Radio stations have not yet reached the standards of broadcasting up-to-date information especially on market access, improved seeds, etc.

Efforts needed from the Civil Society on Rural FM Radio Broadcasting for Entrepreneurship Development
Civil Society organisations should sponsor some of the programs on radio like on weather focus.

They should also sponsor farmers and small scale entrepreneurs to appear on radio programmes to share knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment